New Rear Slide Support Cover

Clean'YJ'mods

:x Hello Everyone:x

I was so frustrated when I could not find a suitable replacement for the plastic cover protecting the rear slide support on our 'YJ'. My son and I kept breaking the plastic cover with the usual bang or wham so I decided to do something about it. I designed and fabricated a new cover. Made of high grade aluminum and come with stainless steel fasteners. A perfect fit and no more worries about breakage.

If anyone is interested in one of these fabulous replacement pieces. Just drop me a line and I'll send you the info on how to acquire one. Comes with complete instructions.

Fully guaranteed and a great upgrade. Only $20 plus shipping and handling (FEDEX).

This is the plastic cover inside the rear door panel. The cover acts as a shield to protect the 'slide support' mechanism from being damaged. The new aluminum piece replaces this factory piece.

Attachments

• 001 Slide Cover.jpg
    001 Slide Cover.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
This is the plastic cover inside the rear door panel. The cover acts as a shield to protect the 'slide support' mechanism from being damaged. The new aluminum piece replaces this factory piece.

Hmm. Ok. Guess I'm just dense, but that explanation doesn't tell me anything either.:???: :?|

How about another picture? I'll add it to this message. Maybe your cover has fallen off? Your back door is held open by a sliding mechanism. This slide support is covered by a cover (unless it was lost and you never noticed). The typical plastic one is still available from the dealer at around $32 (less taxes and any other fees.)

Hopes this helps. The picture shows the new anodized aluminum cover attached.

Attachments

• 001c Rear Cover New web size.jpg
    001c Rear Cover New web size.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
How about another picture? I'll add it to this message. Maybe your cover has fallen off? Your back door is held open by a sliding mechanism. This slide support is covered by a cover (unless it was lost and you never noticed). The typical plastic one is still available from the dealer at around $32 (less taxes and any other fees.)

Hopes this helps. The picture shows the new anodized aluminum cover attached.

Yeah! Hit me like a ton of bricks now! :lol: Sorry, I'm just not real bright some times. You know, I couldn't tell you whether I have a cover over mine or not....I'll have to take a look. I'm betting I don't, though.

Well, I know why I never noticed that on my YJ...I don't have a slide support! Just hinges and that's it! No slide support=no cover! ;)

Back