Man cought on camera beating his child with a belt because he cant catch a baseball

bugleboy

this is the story on the philip defranco show

watch from 7:25 to 10:15 for the story and tell me your opinions on how it should be handled and when it is propper to dicipline your child, also ignore the title of the video its a daily show that covers alot of things at once but the story is played from 7:25 to 10:15

WARNING: some curse words and violenc are in this clip

Last edited by a moderator:

Got beat with a belt,got beat with a rubber hose, a switch which I had to go pick myself.and if the switch didnt meet mom or dads standerds,well go out and get anouther one. One time my dad held me upside down by my ankle and switched me with the other hand {yup, he was very strong] yeah, I believe in corporal punishment. Me back talk my parents, never. Thats the way I think it should be. My opinion.

yep, when i got into fights in elementry school i could expect to meet a long black belt across my butt when my dad got home, i love my parents for every swing they gave because i deserved it all lol but i believe from the video that the dad is just a crazy stupid abusive a-hole

This guy should have been put in jail. To hit your child, be it your step child or not for that reason is nothing short of abuse.
In jail, in general publice. When they found out why he's in there they would have beat the crap out of him.
If this jerk does this to his son, who knows what else this kid goes through.

I was spanked as a child. Wonder if that is why I like it so much as an adult...

Did you guys know it illegal to spank your child in some parts of Europe? I used to live in Denmark as a child and would purposely **** my parents off, then right when I was about to get it I'd do that finger wag and say "uh uh uhh... It's against the law." with a smug grin.

ljrubitm said:
This guy should have been put in jail. To hit your child, be it your step child or not for that reason is nothing short of abuse.
In jail, in general publice. When they found out why he's in there they would have beat the crap out of him.
If this jerk does this to his son, who knows what else this kid goes through.

thinking about it this guy was doing this infront of his neibors in the daylight, makes you wonder what horrible things he has done inside the house

i gotta give major props to the guy with the camera, this kid might have been beaten senceless every day if he haddnt stepped up and said something, i love the way he handled it

Got beat with a belt,got beat with a rubber hose, a switch which I had to go pick myself.and if the switch didnt meet mom or dads standerds,well go out and get anouther one. One time my dad held me upside down by my ankle and switched me with the other hand {yup, he was very strong] yeah, I believe in corporal punishment. Me back talk my parents, never. Thats the way I think it should be. My opinion.

I got my share..... There are many times that I think back and can't be thankful enough to my grand father, my Dad, my mom and grand mother for all the spankings I have gotten. That straighten out my ass because I was heading on the wrong path.... Just like gennybro, just my opinion.

Did you guys know it illegal to spank your child in some parts of Europe? I used to live in Denmark as a child and would purposely **** my parents off, then right when I was about to get it I'd do that finger wag and say "uh uh uhh... It's against the law." with a smug grin.
I only lie or break the law when absolutly necessary,and that would definitly be one of those times.

To me this screams anger management problem.

To me this screams anger management problem.

No , it's anger management solution. If my child shows me disrespect,there is difinetly a problem and it is going to be solved immediatly. If I tell them to go get wood for the fire and they tell me no,I well not tolerate such conduct. Take a walk around the playground at your local school and just listen to what the children are saying,your gonna hear a lot of curseing. My third grade teacher used to walk around the playground with a switch in hand,imagine if that was done now.WOW. This society has gone to hell, and it all boils down to the fact that there is no longer a code of conduct on being decent and respectful.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is very simple...... People that go through toughest training in the face of the world, where a man gets humiliated, physically abused and they in the end become the finest human beings, the become US NAVY SEALS. The babies that never get punished, are getting away with anything and are treated as little unresponsible babies, they become OWS (occupy wall street) demonstrators. It is all about. What you want to be or what your children to become. I have twin girls, both graduating from medical school, went to college on free scholarships based on academics. They are respectfully,hard working and concerned about others. Wonder why these kids are behaving like anymals, dress like they are from a third world country, lazy but thinking they deserve everything and nothing but the best? NO RESPECT.
HOOYAH,

I was thinking about this thread this afternoon and I happened to remember observing a mother
house cat do something strange and it fasinated me. This story should be in the funny strange story thread ,but It seems like it should be told here. This mother cat had 2 half grown offspring,one mourning I looked out the window and this mother house cat had one of her offspring by the back of the neck. I'm wondering what to heck is going on. I just watched from inside the house, and this mother cat made her offspring lay still on the ground. Then started kneeding the side of the cat while it was laying on the ground,like a cat does when it's about ready to get comfey.Then she lays down on top of it.It totally amazed me. It just goes to show that there are other animals that teach obedience and discipline.

We're talking about a kid not catching a baseball right?

That is what the issue is originally about, and I totally agree that if that is what the youngster was being punished about ,it was totally out of line for the parent. But at the end of that segment,the guy is asking "is it right or wrong to hit your child". So we forgot about butthead and started running with the issue of "corporal punishment". Like a lot of other threads,we tend to branch off in anouther direction,but we did not get totally off track. Anyway we voiced our opinions and it really is an issue to think about, if you do belive in the use of " corporal punishment".Please think before you act. Myself, I have never used a switch or a belt on a youngster, firm hand on the bottom sides usually got inapropriate behavior modified.

gennybro said:
That is what the issue is originally about, and I totally agree that if that is what the youngster was being punished about ,it was totally out of line for the parent. But at the end of that segment,the guy is asking "is it right or wrong to hit your child". So we forgot about butthead and started running with the issue of "corporal punishment". Like a lot of other threads,we tend to branch off in anouther direction,but we did not get totally off track. Anyway we voiced our opinions and it really is an issue to think about, if you do belive in the use of " corporal punishment".Please think before you act. Myself, I have never used a switch or a belt on a youngster, firm hand on the bottom sides usually got inapropriate behavior modified.

hit the nail on the head lol exactly what i meant, corporal pinishment is a topic, theres no question the guy in the video was out of line, i just suggested a topic for us to talk about

Back