YJ Sound System Setup

Looks great. I really like the sticker :)

Cool System. Been working on mine as well, need to work on other stuff, but gotta have the Music or the drive Sux! Got all Kenwood Stuff
Kenwood Deck
Kenwood Comp 10s in a Pro box in the back, had to move the seat up a few inches.
Kenwood 6x9 5 way in small boxes that sit on the wheel wells next to the seat
Kenwood 4" 3 ways in the Overhead
Kenwood 4x6 2 ways in the dash
Kenwood 1000 watt amp to run the subs
Sounds good and cans see out any mirrors at 1/2 way!

That sounded sick, I'm working on my system right now.
Rockford Fosgate Power 4"x6"
Rockford Fosgate Power 6"x9"
Some enclosures I ordered off Quadratec for the 6"x9"s

Hopefully getting a 4-way amp and a mono for sub.
Do yall think 12" is too much?
I'll be uploading a video when I finish.

Yeah the System sounds good even with the top off. You can still feel the Bass. Need to mount the 6X9s so someone dosent swipe them!

In my experience, a down firing sub in a open top vehicle like a jeep with out a trunk works far better. I'll see if I can find some pics of the system I had at one point. Couple things I notice, your subs being against the seat like that is not a good thing, you are loosing a lot of parametric volume and the subs are probably not going throught the entire stroke, especially with a ported enclosure. have you had anyone sit in the back seat with those speakers there? Lastly and this is only because I am super anal, your wiring on the back could be cleaned up a bit.

sounds good though!

In my experience, a down firing sub in a open top vehicle like a jeep with out a trunk works far better. I'll see if I can find some pics of the system I had at one point. Couple things I notice, your subs being against the seat like that is not a good thing, you are loosing a lot of parametric volume and the subs are probably not going throught the entire stroke, especially with a ported enclosure. have you had anyone sit in the back seat with those speakers there? Lastly and this is only because I am super anal, your wiring on the back could be cleaned up a bit.

sounds good though!

Yea, my buddies sit there all the time and it doesnt effect em. They arent much travel and also if you notice theres grates over the subs. So theyd fall off before anything. And yes I know the wiring is bad, not worried about it really cause its not a show jeep. Got new head unit and stuff in it now too!

Back