5.25" front dash speakers in a TJ

The blue one is for a amp, power ant.,cd changer it gives power when stereo is on and the orange I believe is for your interior dash lights I believe its a dimmer wire to dim the faceplate

Wood would be too thick to hold the speakers and too soft, prone to cracking due to bumpy off road rides.
I would use a jig saw with a metal blade to cut out the steel plate and drill a hole in the center to start that cut, then finish with a jig saw.
A few swipes with a smooth file to clean up the edges and your adaptor plates will be done.

I have a VDP soundbar, it's alright, feels kinda cheap, but I'm happy with it. I like the head unit alot. I'll be putting those speakers in as soon as I get a hold of the tools to make that adapter from earlier in the thread.

Attachments

• image-1622009179.jpg
    image-1622009179.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 568
  • image-11800801.jpg
    image-11800801.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 633
  • image-3684648611.jpg
    image-3684648611.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 554
  • image-396531986.jpg
    image-396531986.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 634

Thanks, I worked pretty hard on it, still have to bend those tabs out in the back to completely secure it lol. Took about 2-3 hours with all the wiring and teardown and such. Getting ready to make those adapters, the theater tech department at my school has a few saws and one of the teachers said he'd help me out. I gotta check voltage from the wires this weekend, lost the right back speaker on the soundbar, it's not playing.

The company that made the adapters had went out of biz.
here is a link that shows you the dimensions to make a set out of 1/8 steel plate.
Bought a set a long time ago and they work great holding a 5.25 speaker, but you need to take sound matting and make a bowl behind the speaker to help throw the sound forward into the cab.
Where can I buy 1/8" steel plate? And where can i buy sound matting?

You can pick up 18 ga and 16 ga (.047 and .062) from home depot or Lowe's. Its thinner but will work just fine.
As for the sound mat, most auto-parts stores with a good selection of sound equipment sound carry it. Best buy or ultimate electronics should carry it as well in the car audio department.

Where do I go from here?

Attachments

• image-2558370996.png
    image-2558370996.png
    515.2 KB · Views: 614
Slide that cage back into the opening on your dash. Bend the little triangle tabs out keep the cage from sliding back out of the opening.Slide the radio back into the cage.

Back