2015 GC summit rear emtertainment system

ndnatty

So just bought a 2015 grand Cherokee summit with the turbo diesel. Only thing it didn't have was the rear seat entertainment system with blu-Ray. Well we found the system on eBay and I installed it myself. Problem now is I can't get the 8.4an ra4 radio to recognize it! Anyone have any suggestions? Not as easy to work on as my cj7 that's for sure!

So just bought a 2015 grand Cherokee summit with the turbo diesel. Only thing it didn't have was the rear seat entertainment system with blu-Ray. Well we found the system on eBay and I installed it myself. Problem now is I can't get the 8.4an ra4 radio to recognize it! Anyone have any suggestions? Not as easy to work on as my cj7 that's for sure!

So after weeks of research and calls to various dealers this can not be done. Since it is a factory installed item only there is no way to add it afterwards.

Can it be done if you install a new head unit designed for use with the rear entertainment system?

We have a '14 with the EcoDiesel and love it.

Can it be done if you install a new head unit designed for use with the rear entertainment system? We have a '14 with the EcoDiesel and love it.

Nope, from my research and input from a very helpful dealer up in Michigan the AEK code has to be coded to the VIN from the factory as those particular video screens are only offered as a factory installed item. The dealer can not even see the AEK code unless the VIN inputed already had that option. My VIN doesn't so it doesn't even give them the option to add it. They thought I was crazy about the AEK code until I gave them the VIN of a jeep that had it and sure enough there it was! So I hope to return the seats ($1900) and use that money to get iPads and iPads headrest holders. Sucks as I like the bluray option. I do love the jeep though!

Back