2 items, please don't kill me.

DOODAH

Howdy y'all,

Lived in Middle Tennessee almost my entire life. Worked at UPS Whites Creek Hub for 23 years. I have a troubling issue with my 2007 JKU and am curious if anyone else here has and possibly solved it. I bought this thing off eBay about a year ago and it's been pretty much trouble free. Started doing basic maintenance and beginning upgrades (to my tastes) right afterwards. One particular upgrade which is a two part actually, was replacing the stock grill and parking/signal lights. I replaced the grill with one of those demon types and bought new JW Speaker parking/signal lamps as replacements for the factory units that weren't working anyway. Once I got to taking the lights out, I noticed the actual light units weren't even there. But it still had only the amber lenses. I thought 'cool, this will definitely be an upgrade'. However, after getting the new lights installed into the slots in the grill and everything in place and hooked up, no lights. So I've tried to research this best I'm able. I've found a couple of items. One person on YT suggests the circuit is wired and soldered into the instrument cluster board. Another or more are having me search for some hidden remote fuse box that would have an appropriate relay or fuse(s). I've found zilch. Still these lights aren't functional. Anyone else encounter this? Anyone who has, found a solution? Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:

For the jeep issue be sure the light is grounded. Second check both fuse box locations for missing or blown fuses.
Then use a DMM and work back to find where the voltage drops off at.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

You are not nearly the first person to mention this mysterious second fuse box.
I've pulled the panel under the steering column and additionally behind the glove box. 2007's also have this supposed troublesome TIPM under the hood. I'd love to find the troublemaking culprit. But I don't know where else to look.

Sent from my Samsung S9+

I've got cabin (air conditioner) filters behind my glove box.

Well you are correct JKs only have one. m17 and M18
B1EC62E7-8826-4425-B2F4-42EAD6D3EEA8-7136-0000045D316D2A66.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:
Back