Brake jobby.

Skulljeep683

Anyone put a big brake kit on their jeepster? I put some guts into it and now she stops like a speedboat... it doesn't... lol anyone have ideas? I've looked into 4 wheel disc conversions and big front brake kits. What's your best luck? What worked with 15in wheels? Should I use wilwoods and run a bigger wheel? What do you all think?

Many have. Ive only changed from std to dimpled and slotted to keep brakes cool for a DD.
There are better rotors and brakes. Look into vanco for big brake kits.
4wheel conversions are out there and front brakes still do most of the work.
If you put in a bigger engine or more HP did you compensate the added weight in the springs and shocks? Controlling the wheel contact is important.
Also what have you done to verify or improve existing brakes?

Year model engine is important to getting more direct feedback. Is this the 2000 tj with a 2.5L? Or something different?

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

I don't know anything about the Jeepster, but for the price of a Vanco big brake kit (~$1100) you may be able to do an axle upgrade, swapping in something with bigger brakes. For example, I traded my Dana 35 with drums for a Ford 8.8 with factory discs for about that price.

Many have. Ive only changed from std to dimpled and slotted to keep brakes cool for a DD.
There are better rotors and brakes. Look into vanco for big brake kits.
4wheel conversions are out there and front brakes still do most of the work.
If you put in a bigger engine or more HP did you compensate the added weight in the springs and shocks? Controlling the wheel contact is important.
Also what have you done to verify or improve existing brakes?

Year model engine is important to getting more direct feedback. Is this the 2000 tj with a 2.5L? Or something different?

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

I should have been more clear. It is for the 2000 TJ. The 2.5L is coming out this summer. Waiting on some parts to come in. But big brakes will be needed.

Back