2009 Grand Cherokee AC and Blower problems

kiel

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help, let me give you a quick break down of where I'm at.

A few months ago my AC started acting weird. Cold on drivers side and not on passenger side but air was being pushed out the vents. I was going to just trouble shoot that but recently the entire system stopped working. No air on any of the settings. I really want to get the blower working again before I take it in for an AC fix (I have already tried charging it and the gauge said it was full and didn't need a charge).

I pulled the blower motor and tested it by hot wiring to the battery. Motor works fine. Then I pulled the blower motor resistor and tested with a meter across all the points and it tested fine. All terminals looked good, no blown wires or rusty connections. I pulled the dash panel off and checked the connections to the heater control unit which all looked fine. It looks like I may need to replace that control panel (Dorman 599-147). Before making that purchase I'm wanting to know if there is something in the chain I'm overlooking? Something else I could test?

I checked all the fuses and they all look fine. Please help :shock:

What rpm do you idle at?

Does or did the air only blow out of the defrost vent?

Does the switches show signed of melting or corrosion?

Check hvac blower grounds and all fuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

What rpm do you idle at?

Does or did the air only blow out of the defrost vent?

Does the switches show signed of melting or corrosion?

Check hvac blower grounds and all fuses.

The air blew out of all vents. Before the air stopped. the AC only cold for driver.

No corrosion anywhere that I can see.

I'm going to be going around checking everything with the meter today. Thanks. Will report back.

Again at the moment I just want the air moving again, then will tackle AC issue

Kiel

New update:
Took off the glove box again and had a good look. Blend door is opening and shutting. All that seems to work great. I replaced the control panel but all that did was fix the lights behind the controls. Still no air.
blower good
resistor (tested fine but could have tested wrong. Will replace)
control panel good.
fuses good

what else am I missing. Why wouldn’t my air work.

also when changed it to hit the other day and was driving. I could feel warm air drifting out the vents likely from the air moving thanks to forward motion. Everything else seems to work fine.

HALP it’s getting expensive and frustrating and I haven’t even gone to the mechanic yet. I’m terrified the bill will be 2000 and I’ll just have to watch her burn.

Could the door be broke despite the motor working?
There us a blend door in the drivers side as well.

This is independent zone control correct?

Back