11 worst cars - Consumer Reports (3 Jeeps make the list)

I park my xj in the yard, in a mud puddle, Because it looks good there. The wifes mazda tribute sits on the paved driveway, its a perty little suv that she dont like to get dirty. LOL. Give me a dirty jeep in the mud over any luxury ride any day. And Ill tell you why, I dont have to wipe off my boots before getting in......And living in the northeast I avoid road salt by driving on the snowbanks instead of the road J.K. - jeep on brothers....

Speaking of that...........what's with the JK owners????? I can't get a wave out of ANY of them!!:shock: :shock: Perhaps the new ones are too "Lexus SUV" types.:( :( :(

Perhaps they think because their vehicle was made by Daimler Mercedes and not Chrysler (which was silent) or American Motors (RIP), which makes them too good for that? Hmmm?
Or maybe with the cell phoning/texting/paging, eat/drink burger/fries/coke, Grey Poupon passing, makeup applying and other distractions they just don't see you?

yeah I know what you mean about JK owners. I have noticed the same thing. I find myself waving at other Jeeps even when I'm in my XJ (they never wave) or my Dodge P/U.

and this "worst cars" thing.... I think they need an edit..... try adding TOYOTAS to that list in place of our Jeeps! I love it! ther aren't all "perfect" after all... now ARE THEY???? Notice how few Toyota owners are in an uproar over this mess! now if that were Jeep? Different story.

I would rather be offroading with some beer drinkin,bugs in their teeth ,good ol boys than some wine drinking, pedicured,manicured,yuppy types who cry if they get a flat:cry:

Sorry to hear that Weylyn. Hey I hear at these things called "nightclubs" that they have cupholders that you can take home for the night, and when you wake up in the morning, the cupholders have up and gone. Some kind of "throw-away" type of cup holder. Huh, technolgy these days!

bringing this back to say the liberty deserves to be on that list. mine with a blown motor at 111k is why i think it deserves to be on there

CR looks at cars as an appliance. They're probably slitting their wrists over the massive Toyota recalls.

CR is a bunch of idiots who don't understand what the Jeep Wrangler was targeted to not the commuter who drives from the subburbs to the city to work. Put them in a Subaru on top of tincup pass and see what they think is the worst if they get down.

i was reading about hte cherokee and one of the main requirements was off-roading capability during hte desinging period. you cannot have that as a primary build reason and have smooth comfortable ride also. (or at least you couldn't back in the 80s since you were competing with solid axle 4x4s)

anyways, i prefer hte stiff solid ride of a cherokee over the soft pansy ride of my liberty. the wife likes hte liberty ride because of how smooth it is but when i put the lift on it, it made it more to my liking

Consumer Reports is fairly useless unless you want to hear about how great Honda and Toyota are, and how much every Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler product is the biggest POS in human history.

The fact that I stopped using tire chains the day I got my wrangler has to count for SOMETHING!

Speaking of that...........what's with the JK owners????? I can't get a wave out of ANY of them!!:shock: :shock: Perhaps the new ones are too "Lexus SUV" types.:( :( :(

WAVE from 2009 JK 2DR X owner. Yeah, this report is BS and we all know it. I think they should start their test by hitting some gnarly boulders in the Rocky Mountains. Then we'll see how well that Lexus drives on the road with a broken drive shaft and bent axle. I mean if they are going to hold Jeep to an on road standard, than shouldn't they hold the other cars to an off road standard?

they are just jealous. since 7 our of 11 vehicles on that list are 4wd off road capability should have been part of the final score. really just like larrymo49 said they compared apples to oranges. 7 suv/crossovers, 1 full size sedan, and 3 econ-o-boxes doesn't make a good test comparison.

Jeeps arent for the average person, so CR can **** off jeeps are unique in every way!

Oh Lord, here we go again....

Keep hating on JKs, that'll make them feel more like family and wave:rolleyes:

Gee, wonder why if Jeeps have all these flaws they've been around since '41? Wonder why the resale value is so high even when they have 200,000 miles? If you fixed everything they complained about I wouldn't want one. They remind me of the government, clueless!

Back