15+ hp for only $5.99???

"Instead of replacing your computer or a chip in your computer our mod replaces a sensor that tells your computer you car or truck is taking in colder air. This in turn adjust your air/fuel ratio slightly and frees up HP ."

what "sensor" are they referring to? i dont know about replacing a sensor for no reason?!

Pretty fishy to begin with since there is no pic of the item for sale, unless they are selling that streetrod for that price :shock:

I think the resistor was placed on the MAP sensor, but I'm not sure. I remember seeing this scam in the past.

www.madxj.com has a write up on the adjustable MAP sensor, have also heard tell of a resistor (100 ohm) in the engine temp. sensor. Both richen up the motor a bit (more gas). If your looking for power, the high flow intake and a bored out throttle body seem to be the largest HP gains , that won´t mess with your mileage, as long as you keep your foot out of the pedal. The throttle body on the Renix XJ´s and some of the mid series XJ´s (91-95) have a restrictor cone built (casted) into the throttle body, that´s pretty easy to bore out and opening/grinding out the inlet for the intake manifold a bit. It´s been said, boring out the throttle body/intake has actually increased mileage a bit, in conjunction with a high flow air filter. Could mess with low end torque a bit, but the 4.0 has low end troque to spare anyway.

Actually the sensor it "replaces" is most likely the MAT (Mass Air Temperature) Sensor.

I too believe this won't do any good. You can't screw with a sensor and expect the Jeep to run correctly after wards.

Besides, they don't even show a picture of the "modification" they're selling you :shock:

-Nick :!:

Back