1983 2.5 carb. adapter

808CJ7

Hey guys. I'm working on a 83 cj 5 with the 2.5 four banger. Does anyone know where I can find an adapter plate to mount a weber 32/36 to this engine. I've searched and all I could find online is carbs with the adapter already mounted. All I need is the adapter. The engine has a two bbl. Rochester on it now. Any help would be appreciated. Aloha

Probably have to stack two adapters to get the right pattern. I had to do that to run the weber on my 4.5

superj said:
Probably have to stack two adapters to get the right pattern. I had to do that to run the weber on my 4.5

Yeah. I have the adapters for the 4.2 but the 2.5 looks way different. I don't think it even matches the large two bbl. adapters. It's my brothers jeep and it runs barely but he doesn't want to park it till we can find a fix.

Ok I found an adapter. It's a Rochester varijet to weber 38 dgv. Next question. Do the weber 32/36 and the 38 dgv share the same bolt pattern?

You too man!! I am about to go enjoy this new carb and snap you som pics of my home made linkage set up

superj said:
You too man!! I am about to go enjoy this new carb and snap you som pics of my home made linkage set up

Looking forward to those pictures. Mines a little to hard. I was in a rush, to excited to try out the new carb. Thanks bro.

Back