2 gear popping out

shutterman400ex

got a 93 yj and it keeps popping out of second gear kinda fells like its not going in all the way and when i get above 2 half 3 rpms it pops out that is the only gear that does what do you think might be the problem

Is this a new problem or has it done it since installing the body lift? I'd suggest removing the shifter boot and removing some material from the tub behind the shifter, that would prevent 2nd from engaging completely. The shift boot plate may also need a little massaging.

if that doesn't seem to cure it... your dog teeth may be rounded off on the collar... that means bad things... that happened in reverse on my old comanchee... if that is the case, there is really nothing you can do except try to hold it there.. lets hope it is just the body lift

If you put a new shifter boot on, this will cause it untill you use it a bit.

Jeep chat going on now.

i had the same problem until i cut a chunk out of my tub to allow FULL engagment of all the forward gears!! havnt had a problem with it since although i am using a sweatshirt as a boot cause the actual boot still wouldnt allow full engament of the shifter.. :D :D

lol...thats what jeepin's all about!! :lol: and BTW it is a NIKE sweatshirt. nothin but the best for my rig.. :D

Ya take advantage of that warranty. let the DC guys figure it out for FREE.

Back