2002 Jeep Liberty General questions if anyone is willing to assist

pumpkincake

I have a 02 Liberty Limited 4x4 with 138k on it. I am not a mechanic and don't know too much about vehicles and need to figure things out here.

Long story..will make short as possible. Was in an accident 03/14 during ice storm. Had frame straightened and body work. Insurance should have totaled it as they put over $8 grand in it. Still having issues.

Over heating just slightly and no one can figure it out. After initial repairs water pump "fell off". I had been driving it for 3 months. After that terrible engine noise. Was told it is normal Jeep noise. I let it go and now am told it is timing chain or something in engine. Started as ticking and now is loud.

I need to keep this running. I cant afford the Jeep dealership prices right now..and have NO idea who to believe. I live in Ohio.

Any thoughts ...ideas would be SO appreciated.

Thanks,
Beverly

Welcome to Jeepz.com Beverly.
I'm not familiar with the Liberty engine, but a water pump falling off seems pretty unlikely - or perhaps they never bolted the water pump back up.

How is your oil level? Does the oil look dark, or is it milky looking?

Welcome to Jeepz.com Beverly.
I'm not familiar with the Liberty engine, but a water pump falling off seems pretty unlikely - or perhaps they never bolted the water pump back up.

How is your oil level? Does the oil look dark, or is it milky looking?

Thanks Terry!
My oil is good. Change it every 3k at least. Oil light comes on and off though. About the water pump..I had it towed to Dodge Jeep dealership and they told me it fell off. I feel like the work done after the accident has messed me up. Overheating..way pump falling off. The frame had to be straightened out...hard impact.

I am looking for guidance...I love my Jeep. Currently I have medication costs of $3000 @ month...so I need to fix her up and keep her running for a while.

Beverly

Back