2002 Wrangler factory cd player

ang71rub

I cannot get my factory cd player to play burnt cd. Is there anyway to accomplish this?I don't want to buy an expensive player for somebody to steal. Thanks Ang

You need a player that is RW (read/ write) ready, I dont think your stock player is. Same thing happened to me with my dvd player.

RE: lincoln locker, quick question

Must've changed them in '03......mine works fine with burnt CD's.

Hood Vents?

Make sure you "Close" the CD when you record it. Many factory players will not play re-writables, so you have to burn it in disc-at-once mode and close it for older players to work. If Mud's correct, this may solve your problem.

RE: I need some dirty pics

PhattyX said:
Make sure you "Close" the CD when you record it. Many factory players will not play re-writables, so you have to burn it in disc-at-once mode and close it for older players to work. If Mud's correct, this may solve your problem.

Could well be the problem....I play CD-R's, not RW's. CD-R's are so cheap, I'll burn three or four songs real quick just to listen to them as I drive. I think I still have the original CD-RW disc (still in the wrapper) that came with my original (HP P.O.S. - $400!!!!!!) CD burner.

RE: I need some dirty pics

My 01 doesn't play them either, get an aftermarket CD player or get used to the radio.

RE: Camp Jeep 2005 - some pics.

That's weird. My 00 XJ plays burned CDs just fine, not the RW kind, but the R type.

The type of CD-R also makes a difference. For whatever reason one brand of CD-Rs just didnt work in my factory CD player. I switched to a new brand and it worked fine.

My '01 TJ played them fine too. When you're burning the CD you have to close it. But the most important trick is setting up your burner to "not write CD text". This is all the info that goes with the music (track names, album name....). This is for those newer decks that have the ability to scroll all that stuff across the display. On the older cd players that I've had most of them will play a burned CD if it's done like that.

will the CD play in other CD players? If so, what format did you burn it in (may have made it in MP3 or some other form.)?

Back