2014 - year of the non blue wranglers?

randomjeeper

Looking at some 2014 wranglers (Sport, SportS, Rubicon) online and noticed there are very limited colors! What happened to blue (or even green)?! Did I miss something? The only blue ones I could find were the special editions like the Willys or the Freedom with extra (kind of) ugly markings. I'm so disappointed :(. All I want is a blue wrangler - is that really too much to ask?!

Yeah, their colors frustrated me when I was shopping for a 13 back in 2012. I had ordered the Commando Green and really really disliked it when it came in so I had them order me another just like it in red. Here are the colors for 2015 which you can order now. I kinda like the Anvil.

2z87uc8.jpg

Thanks! Yeah if I had to pick from that list, Anvil would be at the top because it is the closest one to blue. So I wrote to Jeep because I was curious to see what the response would be... here is a snippet of what I got:

"We are happy to advise that according to our resources, the Hydro Blue
Pearl Coat exterior paint color is an available factory option on all
the 2015 Jeep Wrangler models, in addition to the Anvil Clear Coat,
Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Black Clear Coat, Bright White Clear
Coat and Firecracker Red Clear Coat. As well, our preliminary provided
resources are indicating that new exterior paint colors such as Sunset
Orange Pearl Coat, Copper Brown Pearl Coat, Baja Yellow Clear Coat and
Tank Clear Coat Straight Shade are anticipated to be offered in the
future. At the present time, however, no information has been provided
as to when these new exterior paint colors will enter the factory order
system nor what models will be available with these new colors."

Sounds like there may be hope for me yet... in 2015
:)

Only attractive to me on this current list are Copper Brown and Tank. Surely, they would come up with new colors for 2015.

Back