3.5 BDS YJ lift with Military wrapped eye holes

BostonJeep

I bought this lift, and just wondering, are these wrapped eye holes going to fit in stock shackles? or do i need to buy lift shackles..

I think twisted copper has this lift? not sure tho. TIA

I had mine on the stock shackles for a couple of months. The answer is no. The rear spring eyes will hit the frame when you nail hard bumps (speed bumps, etc) It never happened on the highway or putting round town. Stock shackles are 4", mine are now 5" (1/2" lift) and work great.
Might as well get a set now.

By the way, good choice, you'll be happy you did!

The rear shackles will cause the large military wrap to hit the frame under compression, it will also greatly reduce flex as the spring is unable to lengthen as it compresses.

You can use stock shackles if you cut the military eye off at about 3 o'clock, looking from the side, with 12 o'clock straight up and 6 o'clock toward the axle.

My springs are single military wrap, only on the ends closest to the transfer case. The shackle ends have the second leaf wrapped part-way around the spring eye, so it doesn't interfere with the frame. Mine are Rusty's 3.5".

Go ahead and get the boomerang shackles for the rear while you're at it, then the shackle will clear the rear crossmember under spring compression.

Boomerang shackles in the rear, straight shackles in the front.

You can get 2 sets of the ones I posted if you want a matched set. If you get a set for the rear, it might be tough finding a set that is the same height for the front.

Mounting 258 in CJ5

Yes that will work fine. You don't need them up front, but yes they will work.

Back