3 point seat belts in CJ

dave123

Hello. Question for you guys. My 1975 CJ5 currently has lap belts only. I bought 3 point ones from Quadratec. I will confine the question to the drivers seatbelt for clarity.

My original belt has one mounting place with the retractor on the drivers left side. I know about the part that goes on the roll bar, but the two mounting points besides that (both left drivers side), confuse me a bit. The belt comes out the retractor, to the buckle, up to the roll bar, then must mount to the drivers left side again. My question is, can this last mounting point be the same as where the retractor is mounted (together)? The belts came with no instructions.

here is a link to an install, but not my belt and not a Jeep. We're talking about (end C).
http://www.wescoperformance.com/seat-belt-install-3-point-retract.html

Hope I explained the problem correctly.

Thanx dave

Last edited:

Since the retractor housing is bulky, i would say yes you can if the end of the belt would clear the retractor without causing any binding to the belt spool.. If it doesn't clear, you can always remove one of the roll bar bolt closest to the retractor and mount the end there..

Back