4.0 and 4.2?????

joe riecke

i have a question do 4.0s and 4.2s have the same block could i put a 4.0 in my 88 wrangler and just take the fuel injection of the 4.0 will this work?? thanks
[addsig]

well in case your still awaiting a answer yes you can and since you have a 87 and newer 4.2 you can take off the head and replace it with a 4.0 and take all the fuel injection vcrap but you'll need the rest of t he stuff too like distruibutor and computer aand you'll need a new flywheel since the triggering flywheel on a 4.0 is located in the bellhousing on 4.0's think. but they are not the same block, they are very similar ..
[addsig]

instead of having to mount that pick-up sensor on the flywheel. the mopar kit has a harmonic balancer, with notches that the fuel injection computer sensor reads. this was made so you wouldn't have to remove the engine, it runs about $200. the dealer would have it or a jeep parts supplier like http://www.quadratec.com would. this info when you get done would be good to post, so all of us can use. i posted one using the howell TBI kit on www.orlandojeepclub.com .
image-missing.png

Back