4.0 from xj into yj rio grande

You're going to have to do some custom splicing unless you replace the bulkhead fitting and possibly the dash wiring with parts from a 4.0L donor vehicle.

dose anyone kow where i can find a wiring harness for a 95 yj with 4.0 and 5 spd trany? i ave called every junkyard in ct and rode island and no luck. cant find a aftermarket one either any info would be great

just splicing on te right plug wont work because the wires are different so i think i ave to replace underthe das parts witch is te fuseblock and gauges from my donor vehicle is their any other parts im missing?

i have figure out what to do with the harnes turnes out the only difernce in the 4cly and 6 cly engine harness is the extra two injector plugs. i spliced them into the 4cly harness and had to extend a couple plugs but nothing major. but the problem i an having now ith it wont start. if i turn the key nothing happens. if i jump the solinoid ti turns over fine but wont start.if i spray starting fluid into inkake it will fire so i know it has spark. and i know it has fuel going into the fuel rail. but if i push in the little valve on the rail nothing comes out. not sure what that could be ? mabey i got the fuel lines crossed? have to check tonight but any other suggestions would be nice?

Last edited:
Back