4" TJ lift questions

Jason4x4

Hi all,

Haven't posted in a while but I've been reading a lot lately 8). Anyway I've been really busy at work lately with a promotion I took early this year and I'm ashamed to say that I haven't gotten my Jeep off-road in a little over a year :redface:. Hopefully that'll change in the next couple of months. As some of you may recall, I have an '06 TJ sport that currently has a 2" RE budget lift. When I get my next paycheck I am seriously considering buying this 4" Skyjacker kit:

4" Sport Lift by Skyjacker and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware

My TJ only sees occasional off-road use (unfortunately) and this looks like a pretty complete kit for the price. Please note that I am aware that the kit I linked to is for '97-'02 TJ - they have a different part number for the '03-06 kit but I think the picture is wrong - the picture for that part number shows the single flex control arms and steering box skid...anyway... my questions are 1) Are there any issues I may run into by installing this kit that may require additional expense, e.g. longer brake lines, shifter issues, etc.?? and 2) Does anybody have any experience with this kit? I'm sure there are better kits out there but for the money it'll get me the additional clearance I'm looking for right now. Basically the reason I'm looking at this kit instead of the RE 4" standard lift is that it comes with shocks and control arms. Would the shocks that came with the 2" RE budget lift be sufficient for the 4" lift if I did go the RE route? Or would I need longer shocks anyway? If the answer is yes I'd just as soon go with the Skyjacker kit unless someone can tell me that there is either a problem with the Skyjacker kit or a better option that I am not aware of.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the input.

From the looks of it you will also need sway bar links and brake lines.You will also need bigger tires.:lol:

Back