50cal ammo box

Jeeper89

Lately i have seen alot of people with 50cal ammo boxes for a center console.i was wondering if there a company that makes them or do u guys/girls go find them at old army places because i would really like to have one to mount my cd player in.

Last edited by a moderator:

yea the army/navy stores have them for like 2 bucks.......just left overs from the army so they're real cheap[addsig]

Got mine from a friend...like it because it's a great height, length, and not many people are going to screw with an ammo box. You always find a way to lock it too. I just measured up some holes, drilled them (doesn't even come close to the trans, t-case, nor driveshaft), put some washers and bolts to complete the job. Some 6" L - brackets helped in the instillation, but there are probably a dozen other ways to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

or if you're lazy do a search in google.com for army surplus.. for about $5 you can have one shipped to your door.[addsig]

CheaperThanDirt.com has many sizes to choose from, including a tall .50 cal ammo can.

Check it out!

[addsig]

jeep_console-1.jpg

Last edited:

another way to mount it, is to use self tapping metal screws. Just drill a few holes in the ammo can first. Then use the self tappers to attach it to the body. Also, put some type of gasket between the can and the body. Find some rubber or something else soft, to dampen the noise. I'm doing that this weekend to my lock boxes on the wheel wells.[addsig]

i put one in my cj-5 last weekend, and it is great i love it took about 35 minutes, and cost somewhere around $13.50
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back