75 cj5 Up and at it- almost!

cornhusker66

It's been awhile since I posted last. Too much has been done to the Jeep, more than I wanted!

The latest problem with the Jeep is the suspension. Rides like a tank. Crawled up the rear, and the shackle is horizontal. That'll jack things up a bit. I don't know much about what has been done. It is just another thing that the previous owner tried to do, either through a learning experience or just plain ass dumb!

I assume it has a skyjacker lift (decal on dash) and black diamond shocks. No idea on lift increase. It has 31 tires on it.

So I am assuming the rear spring is too short?! I don't play with four wheel vehicles, so can someone tell me the answer:shades:

Stuff done on this winter:

New interior upholstery
69 caddy tilt and telescoping steering wheel
borgeson steering shaft and couplers
powermaster one wire alternator
ron francis wiring
new solenoid
new radiator, hoses, heater core, thermostat (you get the picture)
brake shoes, bearings, extended stainless brake lines (previous owner had stock ones that were rubbing over top ball joint:???:)
gas tank and hoses
stainless lines, and e brake lines

shit I am getting tired of writing down everything I did-just figure most of everything mechanical and then some more!

Attachments

• kodak pictures 003.jpg
    kodak pictures 003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 215
  • kodak pictures 036.jpg
    kodak pictures 036.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 237
  • kodak pictures 037.jpg
    kodak pictures 037.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 160
  • kodak pictures 040.jpg
    kodak pictures 040.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 182
  • kodak pictures 039.jpg
    kodak pictures 039.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
  • kodak pictures 057.jpg
    kodak pictures 057.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 357
  • kodak pictures 058.jpg
    kodak pictures 058.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 153
  • kodak pictures 059.jpg
    kodak pictures 059.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
  • kodak pictures 060.jpg
    kodak pictures 060.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
  • kodak pictures 061.jpg
    kodak pictures 061.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 147

Does anyone have any comments or ideas as to why that rear shackle is like this?

I think it is probally the spring too short? Need some ideas men!

Attachments

• kodak pictures 057.jpg
    kodak pictures 057.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 98
No expert here, but ill give my two cents. Is it possible that the springs are just worn out, and need replacing? In my opinion, if they were too short, then they wouldn't have even fit in the first place. Have you recently added some weight? I know that when I installed my winch on the front, it straightened mine out a bit, but for now, until I can add a spring or two, I just picked up some of those leaf spring helpers that they sell at shucks o Reilly. It works pretty well for now! Hope this helps a little.

AMC put the radio to the left of the steering column in '75? Dip me in buttermilk, that'd leave more room for add on gauges then.

Dont know what was up for that radio either.:roll:

I still don't know what to do about that rear spring. I can't run it like that. There is no suspension travel back there.

Anybody have an idea of what to do?

Back