89 cher.starting prob

tass10

hi guys son has 89 cher. 4lit 6 changed crank sens.thought that was prob. but still dies on him . notes his gas gauge is peged on full when it happens cranks fine but won't kick over wondering whats wrong thanks for your help has spark at coil

You probably already know this but, it could be the timing belt if its not even trying to fire. Is there spark past the coil, at the plugs? Its a 89 so it may have a ignition module, if so then that would be the next thing I looked at, They are nitorious for going out. If it has a module, I would bet money that is the problem.

thanks 69 jeep it will fire and run sometimes have spark at coil not sure if it has an ignition mod. were mite it be at and like i mentioned his fuel gauge goes to the full make when theresa prob.

If it starts sometimes then its not the module, and you do have spark after the coil. but it should be on one of the fenders, should be a small silver box, about a 5x5 box. Kinda sounds like a ground issue, given the guel gauge pegs out only when it happens.

The Renix system this jeep has has always had grounding issues,do a search for ground refreshing. Also look at the fuel pump relay,resistor and wiring .this stuff is more common of a problem than anything. Can you here the fuel pump run when you turn the key on ?

Back