power.

I had the battery checked and it is like new. I crawled under and

shorted the starter motor and it turns over; but doesn't actually start the

jeep. I figured it was the ignition switch so I changed it. That didn't fix

it. I tried reading the voltage on the pins of the ignition switch connector

and got no reading.

I heard there might be a fusable link somewhere in line but no luck

finding it. Any clues to where it is or if you think of something that might

cause this? I would appreciate any help Thanks.

[addsig]

bad spark plugs, or distributor?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I now have the same problem you have. Mine wasn't even stalling, I was working on the center console, replacing the Ebrake handle. It started just fine once I had finished, so I parked it and didn't think anything of it. This afternoon it is dead. Let me know if you find something out, I will do the same.[addsig]

My problem ended up being the nuetral safety switch.

About the only sugestion I have for you is take the dash apart and trace the wires from the/to the ingnition. The dashes come out pretty easy, it's just remembering where things go. If you have a cam corder, you might want to talk somebody into recording the removal for reffrence. I also label my screws/bolts by putting them in sandwich bags and labeling them with perminant marker.

Good luck with it.[addsig]

ON THE DRIVERS SIDE FENDER THERE IS A LINK SET IN A CERAMIC HOUSING, IT HAS A WIRE IN AND A WIRE OUT. CHECK BOTH OF THEM WITH A TEST LIGHT AND SEE IF THE POWERS FLOWIN[addsig]

I don´t really know if the 89 has the same layout as my wifes 87, but if it does there is a major junction on the right inside (engine compartment) fender well, it´s under a plastic cover along with the coil and a wholw bunch of relays and fusible links. Good hunting.[addsig]

Back