94 cherokee with 350

Yes. That will always be the answer.

But a 4.3L v6 would fit much better.

NO!!!! a 350 IS NOT the answer for "everyone"!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!

If you just do a couple of things to yer inline 4.0 6cyl....it will be much better than the headaches and big $$ to do the chevy. First off,you never just "drop"any engine change and say it was that simple,you still have the wiring,computer,cooling and trans adapt problems. I have been hot rodding since 1951 and built around 50-60 small block chevies so its not that.The 6 is a damned good motor.First it has 7 mains so it will take a beating and unless you run it without oil,almost indestructable.The intake and F.I. are as good as any street motor built.Open up the exhaust with an flowmaster muffler,do the basic jeep maintainence,like the transfer case fluid and check to ensure the chain inside is fairly tight.If too many miles without maint. it will eventually stretch and rub an hole in the case...bad news.Next,if automatic,change the fluid /filter and be extra careful of those small pan bolts.Once youve done that,each year,just take out the pan drain plug and drain and refill for super life.Change the oil and filter(use a fram PH8A ,not the shorty one)every 3000 miles or less if you ride her hard.You will be way far ahead of that 350 deal.

thanks heminut those are good suggestions and i think i will stick with the 4.0

We have over 100 of those engines in stock....noone ever burns one up unless they run it without any oil or water.The same enginers were the guys who invented the toughest engine ever made,the Chrysler slant 6.You could actually run them for over an half hour without any water or oil before they expired.I was just noticing how sweet my little ole 242 cube jeep sounded thru the flowmaster today. I just drove 3243 miles in my new 09 Ram 390 HP Hemi and loved every mile,but,the little motor is still sweet too.

Back