94 jeep wrangler aw4 swap

jeep4life93

I have had problems out of my jeep auto trans for a while 35rh it's a junk trans with only 3 gears so I want something mor I looked around and found people swap the aw4 out of a cherokee I bought a 95 cherokee that was wrecked and swapped the drive train and engine wired right up but when I start it it misses and back fires I changed the crank sensor and checked timing it's perfect kinda lost at this point I used the cherokee flywheel I didn't think it was different from the wrangle but I am thinking it's not reading right NEED HELP !!!!! plus need help wiring in trans I have the tcu and I am pretty good at wiring

Welcome to Jeepz.com and thank you for your membership. Got a website you can try . Its a great site with some hard core swaps and builds and more. You can spend days in it.
Ready ? Stu-offroad.com - once the home page is open click on " index of mods & write ups " then look for engine , trans & T case . Scroll down to " stu olsons AW4 transmission swap " and click it. These guys did such an outstanding swap they should be awarded for it . Probably were. I really think this site will help you greatly . Check it out , tell us what you think .

I had a friend that did the exact same swap and had the same problem as you do. The problem was indeed the flywheel. The spacing for the inductive pickup was indexed differently. He put his oem flywheel in, problem solved. Your issues maybe different, but this is a start..

Back