95 cherokee

kreatos909

well my 95 cherokee dash gauges are not working. the fuse keeps blowing
and i have no idea what is causing it. the onlything i can think of is the alarm that the previous owner put in. the fuse for the cluster gauges pops as soon as i turn the key to the on position. also i took off the rubber sheild that protects the engine from gettig wet and it started the orning afteri went through a huge pudddle.

Remove the instrument cluster bezel and disconnect the instrument cluster. Install a new fuse and see if it still blows with the key on.

In a way, that's good news, meaning the short is NOT in the instrument cluster however it's in the wiring somewhere before the cluster or in a different component. Check the wiring harness that plugs behind the instrument cluster all the way down to the lower end of the dash bulk head and carefully look for any chaffed or rubbed wires that maybe grounding to a bracket or a screw. Also, remove the aftermarket alarm and see if it does have any bearing to this issue and take it out of the equation.

yea still pops i checked everything behind the dash ad nothing is chaffed or melted or touching anythng, it's actually really neat back there. but as i said its popped and i kept putting bgger an bgger uses in all the way up to a 30. and the only other things on that fuse is the overhead display module and the delay module. and the ignition.

Back