95 yj

josue estrada

bad news,
im having engine oil spill into my air filter. From what i am aware, now im going to have to either rebuild the engine or swat. Go jeep , go broke...

bad news,
im having engine oil spill into my air filter. From what i am aware, now im going to have to either rebuild the engine or swat. Go jeep , go broke...

i dont think you should jump to the rebuild woes just yet. oil in the air filter can be caused by many much lessor things. check the threads on pcv lines plugging 1st . my bet for the culpret :shades:

There is a crank case vent tube coming off the driver side of the valve cover. Pull the vac line tube off, unscrew the fitting off the valve cover and use a toothpick or some small gauge wire to clean out the orifice. It is most likely clogged causing back pressure to blow oil into your air filter. Mine got so bad before I figured it out that the oil was dripping out of the air filter. After I cleaned and unclogged it, it never happened again.

Let us know how you make out.

John

Ya most likely a clogged CCV system causing the crankcase to blow oil into the airbox. Find the vacuum line from the valve cover to the airbox and pull it off at the airbox. It should have strong vacuum sucking into the valve cover. If not, you've got a clogged CCV or a vacuum leak in the CCV system. The other half of the CCV is a tube from the valve cover to the intake manifold where crankcase fumes are supposed to be sucked into the cylinders to be burned.

i will attempt to fix this problem. i will let you guys what happens

i bought a new air filter and after 2 days of driving , there was no oil in there. so not sure whats going on

Back