98 Grand Cherokee stalling

knappa

98 GC 5.2 L -- when I come to a stop on an incline jeep shuts off and starts right back up ( no shuttering or rpm fluctuation,) can not duplicate the problem on level ground or downhill, only happens if stopped going up hill. No codes.
Have done a complete tune up, cleaned throttle body and new IAC valve.
Appreciate any input

check your transmission fluid. I can't think of what it might be but seems like it would be in the trans.

Hi. All. !! This. Sounds. Like. A. " GOOD". One. Let's. Roll. This. Issue. Around. - - and. See. What. Can. Be. Done! First. Of. All - - Check. Chrysler. Recalls. I. Read. About. An. ISSUE. Where. Some. ECM. ( Control. Modules). Were. INCORRECTLY. Installed. In. Some. Cherokees! (Screws too long?) Also - - what was. Done. In that. TUNE-UP? Might. TRY. New. FUEL. Filter. And. CLEAN. Fuel. Injectors. Check. Vacuum- - Look. For a Vacuum. Leak?? These. Are a. Few suggestions. Good. Luck! JB

A. Little. More. INFO - On. This. Particular. Chrysler. Recall. - - On some. Cherokees. This. Was. The. Problem - - Screws. Used. To. Install. ECM. Module. Were. - TOO. LONG! The. Screws. Would. SHORT. To. THE. PCB. In. The. Module ! Solution - Back. Screws. OUT. (TORX). Verify. The. Problem. - THEN. Replace. With. Shorter. Screws! This. Is. The. KIND. Of. Problem. (Intermittent. Shorting of. Electrinics). That. Can. Cause. The. Vehicle. To. Stall!! A. Cheap. DVM. Can. HELP. OUT. With. ALL. Electrical. Issues ! Allows. You. To. Check. For: OPENS. And. Shorts! (Ohm. Meter!). JB

Just curious why there is a period after every word you type

Sent from my Exhibit using Jeepz

Thanx for all the input. Have checked for Vac leaks(none found). Transmission fluid good.
Have read about the ECM short in other threads, Backed out the screws yesterday and not sure I believe it- but so far so good, jeep has not stalled, will get shorter screws today, and keep u posted. again thanx for all the help

Well. I. Sure. HOPE. It. Works. Out. For. You! Just. Trying. To. Run. A. Few. Suggestions. Out. There! Might. Get. Lucky. - Hit. Nail on. The. Head!! Let. Us. Know. - IF. IT. WORKS. Out. For. You! There. HAVE. Been. A. FEW. COASES-- where. The. LONG. Screws - DID. Turn. Out. To. Be. The. Problem!(ECM). GOOD. LUCK! Keep. On. Jeep'in !! - JB. PS- - An. Enquiry - was. Made. On. The. Periods. In. My. Posts ?? OK. - New. Smartphone - Does. This-- For some Reason! But hey- - My. Posts. Are. Still. Good. - even with the. PERIODS!!??(I Hope!). Comments???

yeah they are fine, just has a period after every word. its not a big deal, just curious

Hi. All !!! Just. Wondering about an UPDATE on. This Stalling Issue? Question-- Did The Shorter Screws on. The: ECM Module do. The Trick?? Just Curious?? JB

Back