99 jeep cherokee ac compressor

jasonsmith

my mom has a 1999 jeep grand cherokee laredo...her a/c compressor burnt up today. she kept smelling burnt plastic and my step-dad kept telling her it was from a plastic factory near by....she thought about it for a second and realized their is no plastic factory around....she rolled the windows down and of course the smell went away...she pulled over and lifted hood and smoke went everywhere....she is coughing and hacking every since this happen and can't stop...they left the ac running the whole time she was smelling this cause my step dad kept saying it wasn't her jeep...she is going to the doctor tomorrow...she said the compressor had a bunch of black stuff in it....she don't know what it is...my step dad says it the belt...but he's saying anything so she'll stop bothering him....so my job is too find out what it is....is this burnt up compressor oil , or burnt up 134a, or is it possible that it is the belt.....whatever it was is making her sick and she thinks she got a chemical pnemonia.....
TIA
JASON SMITH

Back