A day in the life ( you will regret opening this)

berettajeep

RE: Re: RE: 1979 CJ 7

My crappy saturday

I woke up at 4am to enjoy breakfast, read emails, etc; before I shower and go to work at 6

6-11am At work, I work with morons *sigh* nothing went well.

10:50am-11:05am Spent time with my girl. We work at the same place. me on 1st shift,her on 2nd shift. so we rarely see each other :( :cry:

11:01am-11:05am removed top and doors from her jeep :D to nice of a day to not.

11:05-11:50am driving to my son's baseball game. (mostly highway)

11:50am-2:15pm they lost the game :( 20 to 2 ( I think ) This is the first year where the kids pitch the ball. so all the runs were scored from walking them in (5 runs max per inning) we dont have a pitcher with that much control yet.
Best part of the game for my sons team: When he stole third base he was running toward the bag,the catcher threw the ball to third basemen, who caught it waiting to tag my son. At the last moment my son did the most perfect slide into third base missing the tag. It was awesome!
Of course he ended up being stranded there :( Also I did not have my camera, I forgot it in the car :?

2:15pm-3:15pm yet more driving (All highway)

3:15pm-4:00pm At my girlfriends dad and brother's house.
I planned on changing front axle-shaft u-joints,changing oil,rotate tires on the jeep and changing oil,rotating tires and replace front brake pads on car. sounds simple enough :?

4:00pm girlfriend arrives :D . I pull jeep into garage, remove drivers side axle shaft, remove u-joint clips, and try to remove ujoint.

long story short ( :lol: ) It will not budge :x

I take the new ujoints out of the box to see if maybe I am missing something, They are the wrong ones! :x :evil:
I called the local auto zone, tell them I bought axle ujoints from another auto zone some 35 miles away (near my home) and they gave me the wrong ones.
So he checks his computer. sure enough what they gave me is what it calls for.

long story short ( ha ha :wink: ) I drive to that auto zone which is 7 miles away with the axle shaft and wrong ujoints.
he checks the computer again. Wranglers call for these small crappy ones. Cherokee's and Grand's call for the bigger one. He fetches the bigger one and what do you know. thats the one I have. I leave after exchanging them.

We get back at her dads. I resume trying to remove the ujoint. NOTHING MOVES! AGGGHHHHHH!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I decide to change the oil in the jeep. After that I venture to the car to replace the brake pads.

long story short ( :roll: not! ) They are the wrong pads. I have 10 inch rotors on the car the pads are for the 9 inch rotor. :evil:

to end the story.... we did not get home til 10:45pm
I showered and because I had not eaten since 4:00am my girlfriend made me a sandwich and milkshake ( I love milkshakes cookies and cream 8) ) I went on the computer for 15 minutes (while I ate) then my girl and I played ( :D bow wow chicka bow wow :D )
I did not get to sleep til 1:00 am ( as I was laying down I looked at the clock, as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out )

funny note: when we were about 4 miles from our house. The closer we got we noticed the sky had a beautiful red and blue appearence. It had something to do with the 8 ( eight )(EIGHT!!!) police cars on the highway in rows of 2 ( rows of two, its a 3 lane highway. so they were on the shoulder and slow lane. Since you are suppose to move over for people on the side of the road, the highway became one lane) behind this beat up car.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The jeep is at her dads. I hopefully can find some one to help me with the axle shaft so I can finish it since we need the jeep tomorrow.

The End :!:

All times are Eastern Standard Time

image-missing.png

Cheer up! My Jeep ran me over... complete with trip to the ER and everything.

Hope you got everything swapped out and you're back running.

-X

PhattyX said:
image-missing.png

Cheer up! My Jeep ran me over... complete with trip to the ER and everything.

Hope you got everything swapped out and you're back running.

-X

This post begs for details..................

PhattyX said:

He is one bad mutha....

Monday I finished the axle-shaft,and its all put back together :D

Its annoying how something so simple as a u-joint replacement can be so difficult and try to ruin my life :wink:

Back