a good flowing ,, but quiet

conejo1

I have a cj-7 w/ a chevy 4.3 ....I like good engine performance like everyone else, but I seem to be the only guy who hates hates hates

image-missing.png
loud exhuast ,,,

does anyone know how to get great flow but keep the volume to a minimum ..??[addsig]

hey you said that you swapped a chevy 4.3 into your jeep, where can I get info on this? Will it bolt onto my stock transmission, any other trick I should know about? As for your exhaust problem, just put a stock muffler, on and put a resonator before the muffler. theat should quiet it down very well...

Ken[addsig]

The 4.3v6 conversion is fairly popular..u can just type jeep conversions on your internet search and come up w/ all types of info ...the 4.3 is basically the same as the v8 the bell housing will be the same as for a chevy v8 ...I was worried about power , w/ the v6 I quickly realized that my set-up in some cases, is better !!.. I get great gas mileage and have the power for pulling/steep rockcrawling & even wet mud..and never have to worry about over-heating..all of this w/ stock engine block configuration..a K&N air filter and a performance chip from " fast chips"..Advanced Adapters has conversion pieces to help make things easy..from headers & engine mounts to bell housing adapters....the engine itself is very common (most s-series trucks/blazers) & can be found pretty cheap in salvage yards.. as for the exhaust ..will this resonator restrict air flow at all ..?? and how much is an item like this ..??[addsig]

thanks for the info about the 4.3 engine. Yes the resonator is free flowing. The guy that put my exhaust on asked me if I wanted one...[addsig]

Back