Add a Leaf or new springs

Chester

I am in the process of building up my first jeep. I have concentrated on performance so far and I think I have my YJ 4.0L running pretty good. I want to add a 2" lift and because of a small remaining budget I was wondering how the add a leaf system would work. I already have the RS5000 shocks and steering stabelizer.I would love to find a set of springs that someone had after they upgraded to a larger lift.

put your stock springs over your axle. Its cheap and you get like a 5 inch lift for like $5o. But with that big of a lift you would want good size tires so...
Or you could just get a 2in shackle lift

What i did was the Ruff country 3.5 lift springs, it only cost my like $170 for a pair

I don't know of anyone that can do a spring over axle (SOA) lift for $50. You still need shocks, spring perches, brake lines, drivetrain work, etc.

If you don't mind doing the work, consider picking up a used pair of stock front YJ springs to make your own add-a-leaf kit. Cut the eyes off the main leaf and use the top two leaves of each spring pack, adding one leaf to each of your stock spring packs. This gives about 1.5" of lift without needing to change anything else, and the ride does not get any stiffer.

Need more clearance? Consider swapping your stock fender flares for TJ fender flares ('97-'06). Takes cutting a small amount of sheetmetal but allows for larger tires without rubbing.

Thanks for the advice. I have a friend that just removed a stock set of springs. I will contack him ASAP to make sure he still has them. Is there anything special I need to add to the spring pack after I install the extra spring? Thanks again guys.

Nope, that's about it. You do have to bend the spring clamps open, then hammer them back into place when finished.

Back