Additional Fog Lights Connections?

Robert Kayland

I have a 2009 Wrangler X 2-door and recently installed OEM fog lamps.

I'm curious if there's such a thing as a T or splice-connector that can plug into the current fog lamp set-up (and/or headlamps) and allow another set of two lamps to be "piggy-backed"... much like how a trailer lights harness works when you plug it into the rear tail lamp.

Or would this not be recommended, as too much of a draw on the current wiring circuit (assuming putting a stronger fuse in wouldn't be a way around it)?

I would advice against it. One reason would be, even if you installed a larger amp. capacity fuse , the wiring in itself might not be large enough to handle the extra load. In the worse case scenario, the larger fuse will overcome the wiring and making the smaller wiires turn into a fuse(Electrical Fire)..

Yeah, I figured that lamps probably draw too much current and stacking four on a circuit meant for two wouldn't be good, and that's why I couldn't find a harness product offered to do it.

I just thought there might be a chance, since they have such a thing for tail lights coupled with trailer lights.

Thanks for the head's-up.8)

I've decided to go with doing the "standard" lights w/relay wiring and using a tap in the fuse box (M8, which is open and normally used for heated front seats or M6, which is the fuse for the driver's side ignition on power outlet).

Back