Air lines

odjeep

Im soon to be installing on board air off of an engine driven compressor and I was wondering what line i should use from the compressor to the tank. I was thinking to use just regular air hose like we use in the shop. This should do fine shouldn't it? Thanks.

od

yup... standard line that you use in a shop will work just dandy

Shop hose is a great way to move the air! if you are looking for another option that is a bit more heavey duty and will last a long time, use bendable copper lines. definatly more expensive, but I feel it is worth it in the long run, less chance of getting snagged on something, can be bent and tucked into small areas.

Just make sure you have a good double flaring tool, and plenty of teflon tape.

I used 3/8 copper. You can use 1/4 if you never plan on running air tools. otherwise use 3/8 at least.

Be sure to use a air line that can handle heat! The compressor, when used for long periods of time generate lots of heat! This heat transfers to the air line.
I went to our local "Hose shop" they supply lines for prettymuch everything from fork lifts to semi rigs. (DOT approved lines and all) I purchased something like 8' of hi-temp braded rubber (3/4") hose to supply my airtank.
Also, don't forget about an intake airfilter for your compressor!

never tried, dont know if it will work, but what about hard brake lines

Back