All Jeepers-Please say a mighty prayer for an innocent one

LadyJeepFreak

Got my new soft top today...

:cry: :cry:

Hi Jeep friends. I don't think you've seen me on this board ever as much as you are this week.

I'm here tonight to ask for intense prayers for my seven year old neice. It seems our week is going from worse to extremely worse.

At 4:15 pm today, my neice who just turned seven two weeks ago was struck by a vehicle while she was attempting to cross a street. The car was driven by an old lady and she was going the proper speed limit of about 40 mph.

This neice is my only neice and I have no children myself. She is my very heart and I help raise her by watching her two nights and one day every weekend.

She was thrown 20 feet when the car hit her and her right side impacted the ground. After all night of tests and diagnostics, it was determined that she has a broken shoulder/arm, two fractures in her knee, and a fractured pelvis all on her right side. She also has a concussion, and road rash over her entire face, both knees and a few other places.

The doctors are almost positive she has no internal injuries and that her spleen are okay. They weren't so sure at first, but that is the news now. After her injuries were diagnosed she had emergency surgery to set her shoulder and arm which seemed the worse injuries needing immediate care. At 1130 we left her all pumped full of anesthesia and morphine, the poor baby.

They say the fractures in her knee and her pelvis should heal on her own and that she has to stay non weight bearing for three weeks and be in a wheelchair.

Destiny has ADHD, and asthma and was going to start summer school in two weeks to get herself in the second grade. It was her writing arm that was broken so between that and all the other injuries she won't go to second grade after all. She is sort of a special needs child in school because of her lack of concentration and she had worked so hard to get to second grade and just missed the math scores she needed, hence the summer school.

We thank god that she is a strong sturdy girl for her age and that she is tough. We also thank god that an SUV or some other type of large vehicle didn't hit her and thirdly that the lady was going speed limit and not more.

Amazingly, over 30 family members and close friends came to the ER when the calls were made. I beat the ambulance there myself since I live the closest. Half these people can't get along with each other and are in bitter disputes but they all came and all cared enough to stay the whole night.

Other than that, I would ask for prayers for her. If you believe in any religion or higher power please lift this little girl up. She needs it so desperately and sometimes there just isn't enough to go around.

Thank You
Heather

Your niece and her family will be included in our prayers. Sounds like she's a champ and will have no trouble overcoming this temporary setback. Get well soon.

Heather,

I'm so sorry. Having 2 nefews of my own whom I am extreamly close to, I couldnt imagine the worrying you're doing. You will be in my thoughts - high hopes!

with love

Speaking of PM's

I hope everything goes well. Good to see family come togather when it counts. Keep us posted on her conditions.

i'm very familiar with the way it all goes... keep her mind strong in recovery, and do what it takes to keep her positive, the power of a smile can be stronger than the work of any surgeon... your request is answered by me, i'll surely keep her in thought

I will certainly pray for her. Hopefully it wont be long before her Aunt Heather can take her for a spin in the Jeep with the soft top down!

Currently working for the Billy Graham folks answering calls for the current Telecast being broadcast through out the US and Canada. We also have a group of Prayer Worriors there that do nothing for a couple of hours each night durring the telecast time but pray for all that call in. The room where thay gather to pray is so electric with sprit that as you walk in or even just walk by that it will cause goose bumps. Not only will I and my family be praying but my church and the Billy Graham Prayer Team at the East Tennessee Call Center will be on the job for you, your family, and your baby girl. God will see this through and being bathed in prayer I feel, no I know good will come from all the tragedy in the end! Your family and friends have already proven this just by putting differences aside for a time. tug

Heather, I will say a prayer for your niece, and your family to get throught this. Keep your head up you have been going through some tough times, remmeber to take care of yourself also. :wink:

I cant imagine how she could have survived already being hit by a car. I think someone up there likes her ALOT. I will keep her in my prayers and keep her in them until she recovers.

Rowher

You've got mine. Hopefully she'll be better soon...a year of school missed or slowed is not all that bad in the grand scheme of things...not that it makes the situation any better, though.

Finally putting my lift on!!

I will pray for your neice, you, and your family. Keep a strong mind and spirit, because the body is led by the combonation of those two things.

Make sure your neice and family know Phillipians 4:13 (King James Bible) ......."I can do all things through Christ; who strengthens me."

Need to find a cherokee

She, and the rest of your family, are most definalty in my prayers. She is so lucky she has such a loving and caring family.

Sorry to hear about your familys misfortune. I will say a pray for you guys!

mud4feet and mrs. mud4feet have her and all of you (and even the lady that hit her) in our prayers! the Lord works in strange and wonderful ways, as it sounds like you know already. Keep her (and your) chin up - things will get better.
God Bless - mud

Hi Everyone,

Mudfeet, thank you for bringing up the lady that hit her. In this situation its so hard to think of her but I know it was a horrible thing for her too and I cannot imagine what she must feel like. Shame on me, I will add her to my prayers from this point forward.

I can't belive the outpouring you've all given me. I was off jeepz for awhile for no specific reason but now that I'm back and needing help or advice you all jumped right in, especially on this matter close to my heart. It really means alot even if I haven't met all of you face to face.

I just got in tonight from checking on the baby. She is maintaining her previous injuries. She had surgery on her arm last night and they are watching it to see if it is setting properly. If it doesn't they will operate again and put some pins on the outside of her body to torque it to the right place.

She is just so sore and hurting all over. The cracked pelvis is bad, she can't pick up or move her right leg. She has been in bed all day and is still on morphine with occasional tylox.

She complains her back hurts bad and they scanned that again today but we haven't results yet. The impact of the car was on her right side hip, which is what cracked her pelvis and the pain in her back might be from that. She has a really bruised area there. They may have to skin graft one knee too, the right side also.

Other than that, she is amazing. She got a plethera of animals and toys today. She loves animals so now she has her own zoo. My mom got her a cat that moves and meows and even gets mad and hisses when you pet her tail! She adores that thing and keeps it next to her whether its on or off. It is a white persian just like my moms cat and she named it Sassy, just like my moms cat!

She was responding better tonight and is getting figity in bed. This always leads to pain and tears but at least she is responding. There apears to be no permenent brain or neck trauma which is a miracle. I have heard of children that died after getting hit by a car like this so I guess we can be thankfull for all her blessings even if the situation is horrible.

I have to go back to work tomorrow and can't check on her till after work but I hope all the final tests are back by then and nothing else is wrong.

I appreciate all your prayers and could hug you all. I will keep you updated when I find out more. Thank you and bless you all!

Heather

theprayers fly from the great white north................all things are possible!

OMG!! I hope everything turns out okay!

My thoughts are with her, you, and everyone involved. Family is important and precious! I don't have the words...

Our prayers are with her - this is a blessing in disguise as your niece will grow up with the strength of 50 women to carry her through life's testings and setbacks LBR

Everyone involved in this incident will be in our prayers, from the lady driving to the doctors working on her. And of course your niece. Children have wonderful powers of healing.

Back