An oldtimey newbie.

kraut2

I have previously owned a 1951 4wd military jeep, a 1963 4wd International Scout, a 1974 3/4 ton 4wd Dodge Power Wagon, a 1975 4wd Chevy PU. I love the mountains. I have lived in Northern Colorado, Northern Idaho, Western Arkansas and South Central Texas. I just sold a 2002 Harley Road King Classic to buy a 1990 Jeep YJ. I'm looking forward to learning more about the YJ. I bought it site unseen (only in photos) and will take possession of it on Feb.22nd. (long story).

Last edited:

Welcome to the Z. Sounds like the old YJ will be pretty modern for ya.

It will and I know absolutely nothing about how the Dana 30 actually works. When I owned the other 4x4's I did not get into the mechanics of how they worked. I just drove'um. I want to know all about this one. Thanks for the welcome. By the way, I appreciate your service....Kraut USMCR.

Welcome to Jeepz, yea your no stranger to Jeeps. I gotta say I love the old scouts especially the 800 series. If I hadn't bought a Jeep that's the route I'd have took. I've got a '92 Ultra Classic, I love Jeeps and all but it would be hard for me to sell my bike for a Jeep. They make bikes and Jeeps everyday though. Good luck with the YJ, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Well, it was just time to quit after 58 years of riding. I wrecked a '99 Ultra Glide in April of 2012 and the recurring vertigo and bad legs from the wreck were a deciding factor to quit. If I run off of the road AGAIN I'd rather be in a jeep than on a Harley.

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Back