any experience w/ wheel spacers? good/bad?

TonyInKS

I've got a 94 XJ, stock suspension. I've had 3 other XJ's in the past and on one of them I sawzalled the fenders a bit and fit 31x10.50's on stock wheels no lift and it seemed to work fairly well, only rubbing when I REALLY cranked the steering wheel. Okay, my question is, I don't want to lift my Jeep, and I have no problems using the sawzall again, do you guys think running 31X11.50 LTB's on the stock wheels with 1-1/2" to 2" spacers on the front would work? I wouldn't mind lifting it, but I'm strapped for cash right now and definitely still want to run at least 31's, those 235/75's look LAME,lol. Any experience good/bad with spacers? I plan on running the machined aluminum ones like Spidertraxx sells. More wear on u-joints? what would you guys do, I'm missing running TSL's, especially with all this snow we've been getting here in eastern KS, thanks guys.

I run them with no problems, just be sure to use loctite on the inside lugs. They are no harder on bearings, balljoints, etc. that if you were running different rims with the same amount of offset the spacers provide.

X2. I've been running my Jeep on 3" wheel spacers for the Pitbull krawlers. I run it hard out in the ranch and drive it on the highway 12 miles to work everyday for the past 6 years without any issues yet except for my clutch wearing out prematurely due to the stock gearing.

x3 ran them on my cherokee for 3 years and no problems. I would put them front and rear though or else it'll look pretty dumb. They actually made mine turn sharper.

Cool, thanks for the info on your experience with 'em, I'd always heard they were a bad idea, but those same people are probably the ones that say all 383 Strokers explode or NOS makes your engine blow too, lol, thanks guys. It would definitely be cool if they made my Jeep turn sharper, always nice, and I figure the spacers would be cheaper than buying a new set of wheels with a custom backspacing, thanks again fella's.

Back