Any Hockey Fans out there?!!

mingez

GO SHARKS!!!!!!!!! Clinched Pacific Division!!!
Down with the Av's!!!

image-missing.png

I love the Stanley Cup Playoffs, nothing like it.
Name your team and your predictions.

give us some time....
image-missing.png

Wayne Gretzky(Mr. 10%) will turn us into a real team....

Opps... Hey mods, I posted this in the wrong forum. Crack-head mingez reporting for duty. Sorry.

Moving you to General Chat :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

i LOVE hockey. played since i was 5 years old. i thoroughly enjoy the nhl playoffs. habs are my team. jose theodore is the man.

but you should all try college hockey. i'm the biggest college hockey fan in the world. i dont pay any attention to the pros until the playoffs start. i've been to the frozen four out in anaheim and i'm hoping to go this year at the fleet cause its right in my back yard! i understand some of you west coast and southern guys wouldnt be too interested in college hockey since there arent many division I teams out there, but give it a try if you ever have the chance to see a game, you wont be disappointed.

ps - GO BC EAGLES!!! (hence my name here)

bchcky said:
i LOVE hockey. played since i was 5 years old. i thoroughly enjoy the nhl playoffs. habs are my team. jose theodore is the man.

but you should all try college hockey. i'm the biggest college hockey fan in the world. i dont pay any attention to the pros until the playoffs start. i've been to the frozen four out in anaheim and i'm hoping to go this year at the fleet cause its right in my back yard! i understand some of you west coast and southern guys wouldnt be too interested in college hockey since there arent many division I teams out there, but give it a try if you ever have the chance to see a game, you wont be disappointed.

ps - GO BC EAGLES!!! (hence my name here)

West coast guy here, love college hockey. Seen many a Colorado College and Denver University games. (I used to live in Denver)

But NHL for me is still where my heart is. Both are awesome.

Vancouver's going all the way baby! Just went to the final game of the season last night against Edmonton. Just hope there's no riots here this year. Don't know what it's like in other cities down in the States but here, the whole city gets into it. You can't go anywhere without seeing a Canucks flag or banner or hearing people talking about it.

electric short ?

PASmokeater said:
Transplanted lifetime Flyer's fan here...and my prediction is another CHOKE !!!!!!!!

...also a flyers fan here; they always choke tho... i just watch games for when they are winning or losing by alot, then when the game is out of reach (one way or another) and they go back to their broad-street-bullies style of playing. brashear, fedoruk, primeau, etc... are all huge guys who know how to throw fists and i LOVE IT!

It's all about the Redwings. You all know we'll take the cup again, it's inevitable.

Went to a Denver bar, wearing my Detroit sweater. Bartender told me to take it off because, "This is Colorado, we're Avs fans here." I smiled and asked, "Well, if you're such fans, where are your sweaters?" He gave me a dirty look and said, "We don't wear "sweaters", we wear jerseys." I laughed and had to explain to this "hockey fan" that players wear sweaters and garters. He must've been related to the Avs fan that yelled at me and said, "Well, at least the Avs didn't have to go to another team to get a goalie". To which several wings fans looked at her and said, "No, you just went to another country to get a team!" She didn't know what we meant.

Hockey fact... the average hockey player is missing 1.6 teeth.
Hockey opinion... that's why God gave us 32

manual hub conversion on a TJ

lets go RANGERS!!!! (2006)
i have been a Brian Leetch fan since he came into the league, i hope he gets another cup, go Leafs

bigTlilODD said:
It's all about the Redwings. You all know we'll take the cup again, it's inevitable.

Went to a Denver bar, wearing my Detroit sweater. Bartender told me to take it off because, "This is Colorado, we're Avs fans here." I smiled and asked, "Well, if you're such fans, where are your sweaters?" He gave me a dirty look and said, "We don't wear "sweaters", we wear jerseys." I laughed and had to explain to this "hockey fan" that players wear sweaters and garters. He must've been related to the Avs fan that yelled at me and said, "Well, at least the Avs didn't have to go to another team to get a goalie". To which several wings fans looked at her and said, "No, you just went to another country to get a team!" She didn't know what we meant.

Hockey fact... the average hockey player is missing 1.6 teeth.
Hockey opinion... that's why God gave us 32

For real. Avs fans are horrible. I lived up in Denver, and I've never met a fan base that is more uneducated about the sports in which they participate. Denverites don't know football. And they definetly don't understand Hockey.

On local broadcasts, the sportscasters will say things like: " 3-1 Good guys." And they can't make any editorial comments without singing the praises of the local team, reguardless of how bad they are. Many do this, but not to the extent of Av/Bronco fan. I moved up there seeing the Broncos and the Avs as "neutral" teams. Now... they are the enemy.

In San Francisco, Detroit and New York, if anything they are overly critical of their teams. Those fans do their homework. It doesn't surprise me that you ran into an ingnoramous at a Denver Bar. "Big shocker."

Av's fans aren't fans, they are HOMERS. There's a Big difference.

See, if you like a team, at least try to learn something about them and the sport. My sis-n-law moved to Denver and she's an AVS fan. I give her leeway because she moved from Albuquerque. And you know how many pro sports teams we have here. LMAO! She married a guy from Detroit that is a huge wings fan, they are hilarious when the playoffs come around.

I'm such a freak about the wings, that my friends bought redwings baby plates and sippy cups, for my baby that is due anytime. My wife found little jersey's (sweaters) that she wants to get for the baby. I even found little redwings stickers, to put around the edges of my airhockey table. Next I need to find stanley steamer stickers.

I always route for the Wings and Devils when my Sharks arent' in the picture. I think Scott Stevens is the meanest SOB I've ever met.

I had the privelage of shaking his hand in downtown Denver the year they played the Av's in the Stanley Cup finals. Unfortunately the Devils lost, but fortunately Steven's had a great hit on Adam Foote. I thought Foote was going to Cry. Hee hee.

Of course, after the victory, some local idiots beat up a Devils Fan while he was still in his car with his family during the "riot". Those people are idiots. I'd like to see those jerks act so tough in Jersey.

mingez said:
I think Scott Stevens is the meanest SOB I've ever met.
i agree, i played defense all through high school, and i love the way stevens plays. stay at home defenseman, never caught out of position, strong on his skates, smart with the puck, incredible leader, and if you come across the middle, he'll make you pay (see: ron francis, eric lindros, paul kariya etc...) and the best part about it is that every single one of those hits is clean, he never has his hands or stick up, just punishes people for skating with their head down. one of my favorite players, and if the devs are still in the playoffs when he comes back, they're a completely different team.

Back