Anyone tried those new Goodyear A/T's they sell at Walmart?

TonyInKS

I can't remember the exact name of the tire, but they look pretty sweet, and they're a good price too, I think they're $130 for a 31x10.50, kinda remind me of the Toyo's but they're about half the price,lol.

I think I saw what you're taliking about while buying oil.They look pretty cool.

Were they actual BF Goodwrench, or were they Wrangler Authorities?

On Walmart's site, they have some $130 31s, but the BFGs start at $150

Only prob is a lot of the tires at Walmart are made just for them and if you have a blow out a year down the road they may not carry that one any more. Ran into that with some tires on the wife's car, now have different tires on the rear.

They're the Authority's, and they look like way more mud tire than a/t tire. Personally, I've never been a fan of Goodyears except the original MT/R's, those were sweet, but the Goodyears I've had did not last very long at all, talking about street/car tires not off road tires. Just wondering if anyone's bought them and what their opinion was about 'em. I do know that the Authority's are ONLY available at Walmart, probably Sam's Club too, but I don't have a Sams near by, still not set on them, but for the price they look like a bad@$$ tire. I definitely prefer a mud tire to an A/T, because I drive through quite a bit of mud hunting/fishing/exploring, even when I'm not 'wheeling and I've gotten stuck 1 too many times with A/T's, they're good on everything else EXCEPT mud,lol. I really like the new KM2's but they're a little out of my price range right now, I'd love to get some more TSL's but I do too much street driving and TSL's last about 9-12 months on the street before they look like a dragslick with side tread,lol. I actually had a set of Remington Mud Brute's, exact same tire as Dunlop's Mud Rover that were awesome but now I can't find 'em anywhere, and they were cheap too, bought 'em off a friend that had a TJ and he didn't like the noise, so I picked 'em up off him less than a month old for $300 for 4 31's. Had good luck with Mud Kings too, but again, can't find those either,lol. I guess my hunt continues.......

I am gonna try these (Kumho Road Venture AT KL78 265/75R16)They are $117.00 each from tire rack.I had them on my 1986 full size grand wagoneer and they lasted and wore good and i towed and hauled full to the roof loads of fire wood.I am going to put them on my 2001 laredo.I think they are about the same dimentions as the above tire.

Last edited:
Back