* ARB snorkles * ..r they any good.??

I have one, but haven't installed it yet. A friend, I wheel with, has one and loves it. I was always wondering about driving in the rain with it. Wouldn't it suck in the rain??[addsig]

I've been looking into getting one for the past year and have done a lot of looking around on the internet and at 4wheel shops. Almost everyone recomends the ARB. As to water getting in when it's raining I can't see it being much of a problem or it would defeat the purpose of having one. If any rain water does get in, it's probably not enough to do any harm.[addsig]

my biggest concerns.. r if it will effect the engine air intake ( for better or worse) and will it stand up to abuse from branches snagging it ..??...and better still there must be some way of building a " do-it-your-self " contraption ...that will work as well and look as good ..[addsig]

From what I've heard from asking around, the snorkle acts almost like a ram air and you get cleaner, colder air resulting in more power and better gas mileage. As for branches snagging it, thats a concern of mine as well, I don't know what kind of abuse they'll stand up to. I've seen people make their own out of pvc pipe but I've also heard that if you don't construct it right, you get a lot of wind noise from it and sometimes a howling sound.[addsig]

A friend of mine has one. I've seen him put it through hell. Limbs, brush, road noise all ok the only bad thing was if it was parked for more than a few days squirrels would put acorns and junk in it.[addsig]

I just ordered my ARB snorkle yesterday and found out the answer to driving in the rain. The place I deal with called ARB and apparantley there is some sort of a funnel and tubes in the head of the snorkle that direct the rain water out of the snorkle. It'll be here in about 2 weeks so I'll let you know if there's anything else.[addsig]

I still haven't installed mine yet. When you get yours in let me know how hard it was. That way I will know if I should let the body shop next door do it, or if I could do it myself (I'm not good at body and paint).[addsig]

Back