ARGH i hate the cold... Door handle stuck open... not workin

CTJeeper

image-missing.png
Went out to get into my car about 2 hours after parking it... and the handle came about 1/3 open, but the door didnt budge. i can pull the handle all the way open, but it still doesn't open the door, and it gets stuck at 1/3 open on the way back....(can't shut the handle) after playing around with it i got the inside handle to work, so im leavin the front vent/window open for now so i can still get in, but i wanna fix this quick. anybody else have this problem??? is it the cold, easily fixable, or am i lookin at taking the friggin' door apart??
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I knew there was a reason I oil and grease everything that moves before the snow flies. Sometimes when it gets really cold the grease in the door latch mech. gets hard. (if there´s no grease the rust gets thick) spraying it out with a can of brake cleaner or such (ether, quick start, works really good). And using spray oil (gun oil) helps. I´ve got a spray can of lithium grease that works well and doesn´t seem to get overly hard in the sub zero. Yes you gotta take te door apart.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

yeah i'm gonna have to take apart all my door panels to grease my power locks on my XJ... the cold basically kills their functionality.[addsig]

damn
image-missing.png
i wish it wasnt so cold outside so i could go out and do it... wait the cold is my problem!!!!!! send me SOUTH[addsig]

Back