aussie locker

randy2kxj

i am going to get a 8 1/4 rear for my xj. the dana 35 in there is to weak and i dont want to have a crap axle. since i am going to have the rear out i am going to put in an aussie locker. does anyone already have one and is glad they do or should i look for anouther brand. i am not interested in doing the full arb air locker or even a limited slip, i just want the simple lunch box locker

i just put one in my friends front dana 30 and so far he has had no prodlems. he loves it. they are really easy to put in. im thinking about get one for the front on my xj.

i have also heard that it is more recomended to put the locker in the front diff. is this true? i hhave a friend that had one in his rear diff and the only prob was it going sideways in the rain. i just dont want to have to put the jeep in 4 wheel everytime i cant get up a little mound of dirt or when the open rear does its wonderfull power transfer to spinning wheel trick

i have a yukon spool in my rear axle. it does have some quirks. if you drive on snow or ice very often i wouldnt lock the rear up make it really squirly and almost undrivadle. you will notice that you wear your tires out faster with a rear locker.

now with the good. got place in 2wd alot of people have trouble going in 4wd.

personaly i would say lock the rear and dont let people drive the jeep unless they are used to the handle differeces the locker will add

Back