Axles

Cherokee1326

I have a Dana 30 front axle and a chrysler 8.25 rear axle I'm already planning to do a ford 8.8 in the rear but I was wondering it the Dana 30 is a good front axle I'm only goin to run 32 and I'm not goin to go any bigger cuz I love the way it look now so if I regear the front to 4.56 and put a locker in it is worth it or just get a different axle for the front and if so what are sum good axle for the front and what type of jeep/truck can I get they out of any help will be great

Cherokee1326 said:
I have a Dana 30 front axle and a chrysler 8.25 rear axle I'm already planning to do a ford 8.8 in the rear but I was wondering it the Dana 30 is a good front axle I'm only goin to run 32 and I'm not goin to go any bigger cuz I love the way it look now so if I regear the front to 4.56 and put a locker in it is worth it or just get a different axle for the front and if so what are sum good axle for the front and what type of jeep/truck can I get they out of any help will be great

Build the 30 and it will do absolutly fine

Wouldn't waste my time with the 8.8 swap for 32s. The 8.25 is a very underrated axle. The 29 spline versions will hold 35s locked all day long. Since you have a 96 you could have 27 or 29 splines, depends on whether it's an early or late 96. The 27 spline version will hold 32s just fine as well. The 29 spline is almost as strong as a Dana 44.

xjmarc said:
Wouldn't waste my time with the 8.8 swap for 32s. The 8.25 is a very underrated axle. The 29 spline versions will hold 35s locked all day long. Since you have a 96 you could have 27 or 29 splines, depends on whether it's an early or late 96. The 27 spline version will hold 32s just fine as well. The 29 spline is almost as strong as a Dana 44.

Can it handle 37 tho cuz I talk to u about doing a dana 44 front and either ford 9in or Dana 60 rear but if I can get away with it i would just stick with it or should I just new axles around cuz I seen Ur finished and I love it I want mine to be just lik ur so wat rear axle should I go with that would be the best to you

If your only going to run 32s keep the dana 30 and 8.25

Can it handle 37 tho cuz I talk to u about doing a dana 44 front and either ford 9in or Dana 60 rear but if I can get away with it i would just stick with it or should I just new axles around cuz I seen Ur finished and I love it I want mine to be just lik ur so wat rear axle should I go with that would be the best to you

If your only going 32s why are you so worried about 37s:crazy:

Cuz I really want to run 37 cuz around my area no one really dose a cherokee lik that and I lik being different that really the only reason I want to run 37

37s will take a ton of work, not just axles. XJs have tiny fender wells and you can only cut so much without redoing inner fenders. It takes a decent amount of lift as well.

xjmarc said:
37s will take a ton of work, not just axles. XJs have tiny fender wells and you can only cut so much without redoing inner fenders. It takes a decent amount of lift as well.

Ya I know it goin to be but idc this is wat I want so as I finish the mustang the xj goin into the shop and get everything done to it

Well for 37s I'd suggest full width axles in the one ton range, minimum 4.56s gears if not lower, long arms, lift will depend on how much cutting you want to do. I have roughly 8" and have cut 5" out of the front and 3" rear and need to cut another 3-5" to clear my 38s. SYE is a must as well as a new rear drive shaft. There is a ton more but this is a decent start.

Back