Back From The Body Shop

JohnnyO

Finally got the Jeep back from the body shop. Took three weeks instead of the one that they told me when I dropped it off, but it came out really good.
I got two new front fenders to replace the rusty originals, a stainless steel tailgate hinge, and new headlight rings. I reapplied new Jeep decals myself and even managed to get them on straight.
We also put a sound bar in yesterday for improved tuneage.

Attachments

• IMG_4514.jpg
    IMG_4514.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good looking Jeep - did you paint the fender flares too?

That's a nice ride for a 17 year old :shades:

That's a good looking Jeep - did you paint the fender flares too?
Thanks. I painted the flares myself back in the spring. On the advice of another Jeeper I painted them with Krylon Fusion spray paint (after wiping them down with acetone), satin black, and it's holding up real well.

I'd like to get a set of American Racing Baja wheels for it but that can wait until next year. Spent enough money on it this year already.

As long as it gets her through this year of high school and four years of college, I'll be happy. It's just a 4-banger automatic but it runs great for having 148,000 miles on it. The transmission does some things I don't like so I'll probably get it rebuilt next year. She lives with me near Pittsburgh but her mom (my ex-wife) lives in Vermont and it'll have to make a trip or two there every year so I'm going to see about getting cruise control put on it.

That's a nice ride for a 17 year old :shades:

Thanks. In my family that's how we roll. :shades:

Last edited:

how do you like the auto 4 cylinder? lots for sale down here

Back