Backspacing on stock TJ Wheels..

on stock 15X8" rims the offset is around +22 mm....Work with offset (its related to backspacing anyways)....aftermarket 15X8 rims ususally are -22 mm offset while 15x10 afermarkets are -44mm offset. SImply switchin to aftermarket 15x8 rims with your factory tires will make'em stick out a bit more.[addsig]

all stock rims don't have the same offset.[addsig]

Well basically I would like to know if I can use the "canyon" style OEM rims on my 2003 TJ. I am wanting to use either the 4" TeraFlex Long arm lift or a 3.5" Rubicon Express and run 33/12.50's.... I would like to save a little money and not buy rims until I can replenish my Jeep modification fund...
image-missing.png
[addsig]

33x12.50s on Canyon rims will be tight. It's do-able but will require adjusting the steering stops and probably trimming the rear spring perches.

A Jeep-aquaintance did this, check out his site at JeepinAmerica.com

A better approach would be to sell the Canyon rims on e-bay (they usually go for $500+) and get 5 AR-767s with 4" of backspacing (about -11 mm offset) for under $250.

HTH
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Well.. Thank you for all your help! I like your friends jeep very much. That is exactly what look I'm after. I don't anticipate too much aggressive offroading and my Tj is my daily driver. [addsig]

To give ya a bit more room, M.O.R.E. makes a set of wheel spacers that would give you approximately 4.67" bs with the stock wheels. They're pricey though (about $200 for a set
image-missing.png
), but it's an option if you wanna keep the stockers and keep a little breathing room to boot. I've considered this option, but it's too rich for my blood
image-missing.png
.[addsig]

Back