Bead lock wheels

marlor

I'm planning to do the Rubicon trail this summer. One of the requirements is that I get Bead lock wheels so I can more safely lower the air in the tires.

I'm looking for good manufacturers and online places to buy. I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible. I'm doing this for functionality, not looks.

X3 Staun internal would be my pick...
some states, beadlocks are illegal to run on highway, but these are less obvious.
I think the couple extra bucks is well spent when you save wear and tear on tires. Just looks like an all around quality product...awsome concept to.

X3 Staun internal would be my pick...
some states, beadlocks are illegal to run on highway, but these are less obvious.
I think the couple extra bucks is well spent when you save wear and tear on tires. Just looks like an all around quality product...awsome concept to.

Tear up a wheel just move your Staun to a new one. Wnat to change the look of your rig move the beadlocks to the wheels of your choice. A bit more money but worth it in the long run. They also lock the inner and outer bead.

Question? Are the weld on true bead locks. I have seen a lot of my buddys do this but they are just for looks like my Mickey Thompsons.

Tear up a wheel just move your Staun to a new one. Wnat to change the look of your rig move the beadlocks to the wheels of your choice. A bit more money but worth it in the long run. They also lock the inner and outer bead.

Question? Are the weld on true bead locks. I have seen a lot of my buddys do this but they are just for looks like my Mickey Thompsons.

Weld-ons are true beadlocks, locking the outer bead like most beadlocks. They are nothing like the simulocks out there.

The stauns are wheel specific so if you decide on a change it has to be the same size even width. I know people who run them in WEROCK and they don't like single digits. Depending on the state most beadlocks aren't illegal just not DOT approved. The local PD here really doesn't care about them any more than the guys with 15" of lift which is actually illegal in a lot of places due to bumper laws.

I have welded bead locks, if you plan on driving the vehicle on the road, avoid them. on the trails, you can not beat the durability, IMHO way stronger than most mass producted bead locks (allied, champion etc) if you are going to drive on the street, I suggest spending the cash for walker evans or spyder lock. they are machined wheels and will balance a lot better.

Problem with weld on bead locks is you can not assure 100% that the wheel
1. will remain perfectly true during and after welding due to heat cycles
2. that the ring is 100% perfectly round, most are cut on water jets or plasma tables
3. that you welds will weigh more on one side than the other

I have Q78's with 10 oz of air soft bee bee's per tire, at 18 psi I can go about 40 mph and then the shaking is too bad to go faster.

to add, the stauns are nice, they are pricy, check out interair lock internal bead locks. better product in my opinion and better price.

Back