Best lift to get?

2004tjsport

I want to lift my TJ and was wondering what was the best for the $$. This is my first TJ so I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to what to do. It'll probably be a while before I can do it, but doesn't hurt to start shopping early right?

Re: newbie also

What do you want to do with it? Offroad? Mall crawler?

Just how much money? $200? $2000?

What size tires do you want to run?

What is your main concern? Ride quality, offroad capability?

So many choices these answers may help narrow them down.

Rubicon Exprees is the talk of the town these days. Do a little research on the best research tool you could ever have. If you're reading this you're already know how.

Lift would be for offroad capabilities. I'd like to have 33's on it prefferably MT's. So far the 4" lifts I've found are between $700 and $1600.

I haven't heard too much talk about what best. I kinda searched through forums and didn't find much. I've looked at Skyjacker, Trailmaster, Teraflex and Fabtech. Just curious everyone's input.

I will look at Rubicon Express though.

RE: Re: RE: Run in with a mud pit

The first lift I bought for my TJ was thru Trailmaster and they sucked! It was missing a complete box of parts plus a few other odds and ends. It took about 3 months to get all of the stuff shipped back to them. I think I finally ended up paying the UPS. I can't remember for sure. I did a little more research and found that I'd rather have the Skyjacker 4" kit. It seemed to be better quality and was easily upgradeable to a long arm kit. One of these days I'm going to put some 4.56 gears and stronger axles in it. Then I'll run 35" tires. At that point I plan on upgrading to a 6" or 8" long arm kit from Skyjacker.

Back