best...most durable...side bars/step bars

fast_Z28_guy

looking for Xmas ideas for the gf's jeep.

seen too many side bars that rust and have paint flake off after a year or 2. what are some of the better brands? more durable finishes?

obviously would like stainless...since we live near the ocean. but would like to keep the "black" color scheme.

any input??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987...tegoryZ33650QQihZ001QQitemZ110056570269QQrdZ1

I've had these rampage ones on my yj for a little over a year now. I've hit anything and everything offroad with those bad boys and even watched as another car hit the driver side one in the parking lot at work. They don't have a scratch on them yet. I also know they can take the weight of a 280 pound man hopping on them ok although i don't recommend it. Really easy install,2 bolts on each side if i remember correctly.
P.S. search ebay brand name i have is rampage...

Do You Want Nerf Bars Or Rock Rails. I Would Check Out Quadratec.com. They Have Alot To Choose From.

Get rocker rails or guards. Don't get nerf bars or steps. If your an offroader you'll rip them off in no time. Nerf bars don't protect anything anyway.

Check out the "Rampage" Rocker Rails, I just got them for my YJ, they protect the undercarriage and and under the doors.

Get a set of squared rock rails that are powder coated in black. They make for a nice step, too.

Stainless, IMO looks ugly... especially when it starts to show wear.

thanks guys...

there is a big difference between "chrome" and stainless!!!

we don't want a shiny or polished look...chrome.

but i would like stainless so that i don't have to worry about it rusting under the paint/powdercoat down here in the south florida salt.

we'll be launching a boat in the ocean...so it will see some very corrosive environments.

now we DON'T offroad...this is mostly for assistence to enter the jeep and for looks. i think she'd like to keep the "matte black" look of the rest of the stock fenders, as well as a rounded appearance.

i'll check the links and suggestions.

thanks

i made my own out of some 1/4" diamond plate. took some scrap, cut it to 8"x30" bent a 90 about 3" up on a brake & used ALOT of 3M vhb tape to mount it. no drilling & it was FREE!!!!!

Attachments

• Photo0155.jpg
    Photo0155.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 368
Back