Best price for 1983 CJ7

76cj7nola

RE: Where

An intern at my office is selling his Jeep it is an 1983 CJ7 with a 258 6 cylinder, 4 speed transmission, 3" suspension lift, eldebrock shocks, Olympic rock bumpers w/t receivers (front and back), new seats, new paint (black) hard and soft top. He is asking me what he should list it for (knowing he will not get everything he has invested in it).
Any suggestions?

What kind of shape is the body in, how does it run, and does everything work? I have no idea of how much one would pay for such a Jeep (looks at pile of pennies on desk wistfully), but this info might help others... If it's rusted out, running on 3 cylinders, and the 4X4 works only when you hit it with a hammer, I'm thinking not so much...

The body was redone about 4 years ago no rust (some bondo), the engine was re-built 2 years ago, new weber carb, and new clutch was installed. I have not been offroad in the Jeep but was told all transfer case parts work fine.

RE: Jeepz forum kudos

1983 CJ-7 6 Cylinder 4 Speed, Suspension lift.

Runs strong - drives OK

Needs lots of work - selling as a project jeep!

Priced at $1,800.00

AND.........

1979 black CJ-7 360 V/8 new seats, Tuffy box, stereo chip-guarded inside, lots of stainless steel.

Priced UNDER $12,000.00

Both can be see at http://www.toyboxjeeps.com/indexA.htm - Just some examples. Compare his to them and pick something in between.

RE: Jeepz forum kudos

Without seeing it and assuming its in decent but not restored condition I would try for $5,000. Its tough to throw a number at something without seeing pictures.

RE: Re: RE: Anyone else havin

Hi-Ya 76cj7nola,

Your question is hard to answer. Vehicle prices vary widely across the country.

Here is a web site that you (or your intern) might find interesting.

http://www.jeepbrokers.com/

That web site tends to feature high-end Jeeps, but paging through it might help to form at least a rough idea of the worth of your intern's CJ.

Regards,

Gadget

RE: Re: RE: Anyone else havin

It's worth what someone is willing to pay. With a Jeep, that changes with the season and by location alot. It's hard to tell. Around here, from your description, I'd expect to see $6500 being asked for it.

Back